August 10, 2013
This privacy statement describes how BillFloat Inc. collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site: www.billfloat.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact BillFloat’s Privacy Officer at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact TRUSTe here.
When you request more time to pay your bill, BillFloat acquires your current account outstanding from your Biller (the utility company, phone company, insurance company etc) and becomes your Biller of Record. When the transaction takes place, your balance at the Biller is paid in the amount you request, and a BillFloat Account is established for you. BillFloat, Inc., a Delaware Company, becomes the company to which you will owe the amount due and any service fees on your Account for the bill that is extended.
Protecting the privacy of the nonpublic personal information (“Information”) you share with us is one of our top priorities. We value your trust and want you to understand what information we collect, how we keep it safe, and how we use it.
In order to give you products and services you request, to service your Account, and as we believe is helpful to decide your eligibility for products or services, we collect the following types of Information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you (or is given to us on your behalf) during the application process and on forms, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, employment status and account credentials;
- Information about your transactions with us or others, such as biller or bank account balance, payment history, and where and how you apply the proceeds of your Account; and
- Information we may get from third party providers of authentication and decisioning services;
- Banking information such as your bank account routing number, checking account number, Bank user ID and passcode;
- User ID and passcode for the accounts that correspond with the bills that you wish to have us pay.
Communications from the Site
We will send you a confirmation email in order to allow you to complete the registration process. We will send you service related emails on occasion. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We May Share and With Whom We May Share Information
BillFloat, Inc. may disclose all the Information described above among companies within its corporate family (related or affiliated companies), with banks and licensed lenders that extend consumer credit, and with data providers who assist us in our decision-making, authentication and underwriting process. In addition, BillFloat, Inc. may disclose Information under other circumstances such as the following:
- Disclosures Permitted by Law. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
- Agents/Service Providers. For example, we may disclose Information to companies that perform services for us, such as taking customer calls, processing your Account, preparing your Account statements, processing your payments and providing software or data to us. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We may share Information to answer questions from law enforcement agencies or state and federal banking regulators, or to respond to a subpoena or protect against fraud.
- Business Partners. We may disclose information to companies that offer other financial products and services that we believe may be of interest to you with your prior consent.
- Disclosures for Risk Management and Servicing. We may share all of the Information described above with companies that provide account management, risk management and account servicing for us (including financial companies such as banks and insurers; non-financial companies, such as data providers; and others,) or with other financial companies, such as insurers and banks with which we have joint marketing agreements.
- Merger or Acquisition. If BillFloat, Inc is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Information Regarding Former Customers
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our Security Procedures
We limit use of Information about you to those employees, agents or contractors who we believe have a legitimate business purpose to access such Information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with or exceed federal standards to keep Information about you safe. We require companies working for us to protect Information. They agree to use it only to provide the services we ask them to perform for us.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number, social security number, and checking account information) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use session cookies to keep you logged in while you use our services, to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic information on our services, and to improve our services. We also use persistent cookies to recognize when you return to our services.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can change your browser settings to stop accepting cookies or prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. You can also use your browser settings to delete cookies you already have. Please note that some parts of our services may not work for you if you disable cookies.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
Our third party analytics partners may employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base.
We do link automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information. For example, IP addresses are tied to personally identifiable information to verify the identity of our customers and guard against identity theft. By linking automatically collected data to user information we can verify that we properly presented the terms and conditions of our products to our users before seeking their consent, and document that a user agreed to our terms and conditions.
Updating or Correcting Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or request the deletion of it by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Third Party Sites
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at support@billfloat.
Social Media Widgets
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the changes becoming effective.
Contact BillFloat, Inc.
Mail: P.O. Box 626, San Francisco, CA 94104-626